The Essential Valentine’s Day Grooming Guide
Chocolates, check. Wine, check. Dozen roses, check. This Valentine’s Day is going to be picture perfect.
Except not. Because you look a mess.
And if there is one day in the year that you must step up your men’s grooming game, it’s Valentine’s Day.
Show your special someone that you love them. Take an approach to skincare that will make them feel (and smell and see) the romance in the air.
The Kissable Face Routine
You want a clean, smooth, blemish-free face for Valentine’s Day. So follow this easy skincare routine that will make you damn near irresistible (you can thank us later):
- Wash - Start with face wash. Clean away impurities and grime without stripping your skin of its natural oils. Now you’ve got a clean slate.
- Scrub - Exfoliate to remove dead skin and rid your pores of any contaminants. Use a natural, gentle face scrub that leaves your skin refreshed and new without resorting to harsh chemicals.
- Hydrate - Next, lock in moisture so your skin stays smooth and clean all day (and into the night). Use face moisturizer for men - ours is made with aloe vera, jojoba, hyaluronic acid, and green tea. It creates a protective layer over your skin that prevents dehydration and keeps you looking your best.
- Lip Balm - Dry, cracked, chapped lips are not going to encourage any romantic displays of affection. Get smooth, hydrated, healthy lips by applying lip balm throughout the day. Choose a no-shine formula that moisturizes your lips without any extra nonsense.
The Smooth Shave Routine
Get a smooth, clean shave for Valentine’s Day with this routine. Because razor bumps, ingrown hairs, and redness are decidedly un-sexy. Don’t spend this most romantic of days nervously itching your neck. Instead, use these tips to look your best.
- Wash - Again, it all stats with with face wash. This removes bacteria that could lead to skin irritation post-shave.
- Scrub - Exfoliating before you shave is a must. This opens the pores, stands your facial hairs up and away from your skin, and sets you up for the best possible shave. Don’t skip the face scrub before you grab your razor. It’s the most important pre-shave step.
- Shave - Use a safety razor and a moisturizing shave cream. Forget the foaming stuff - it doesn’t protect your skin and can lead to serious irritation. A thick, lotion-like shave cream is best since it hydrates your skin and protects it from your blade as you shave. If you've got extra sensitive skin or find that you can't seem to shake the irritation, try switching to a shave oil or combining it with your shave cream.
- Aftershave - Applying a natural, soothing aftershave is a must if you want to prevent pesky problems. Don’t use products with alcohol or menthol - both will only tighten, dry, and irritate your skin. Instead, use a calming aftershave that soothes your skin. Your S.O. will appreciate it.
The Soft & Smooth Body Routine
You need to look and feel your very best on Valentine’s Day. And not just your face.
If you don’t think much about body grooming, it's time to start. Because when things get intimate, you want to be cool and confident - not a total mess. Use this routine:
- Wash - Don’t use that same old drug store soap bar. It’s not doing your skin any favors. In fact, its harsh chemicals are drying out your skin and contributing to premature aging. Switch that with a natural soap bar or gentle body wash, depending on your preference. The point is to use a product made with gentle cleansers that get rid of dirt and excess oil without dehydrating your skin.
- Hydrate - Use body lotion to keep your skin smooth and touchable on Valentine’s Day. This is not about having soft, delicate skin. Instead, your goal is to prevent dry, flaky skin and ensure that your S.O. is only thinking of you - not your gross dry skin - on this romantic occasion.
Brighten Those Eyes
It's our sincere hope that you spend Valentine's Day looking deep into your lover's eyes. And they into yours.
So shouldn't you perk up the sensitive skin under your eyes? It doesn't take much to lighten dark circles, tighten sags, and smooth wrinkles.
Just use our Restoring Eye Cream. It's made with protein peptides, hyaluronic acid, and caffeine to reduce puffiness and boost collagen production.
You showered, you shaved, you applied deodorant (please, pleas apply deodorant), and you're ready to wow your partner on Valentine's. One thing's missing...
Cologne. A subtle, masculine scent that appeals to the senses and puts the finishing touch on your skincare and grooming efforts.
Don't be the guy that over-does it. Just a couple easy spritzes to the chest is all it takes to smell great.
Too many colognes are made with dubious ingredients that can cause irritation, allergies, and worse. Thats' why we've made our two signature scents - Accolade and Eminent - with safe ingredients.
Accolade is scented with Italian bergamot, cedarwood, sandalwood, lemon, and guaiac wood for a warm full body with a crisp hint of citrus.
Eminent includes notes of anise, cedarwood, lavendar, and spearmint for an earthy marine tone with a masculine lightness.